Western Star 4700
ENGINEERED TO EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
Tough and versatile, the 4700 is more than just a great value. It’s a great truck. Its excellent efficiency and maneuverability make it perfect for local and regional hauls, while its rugged dependability gives you the performance you can count on for almost any vocational application. The 4700 is purpose-built to deliver Western Star quality to everyone.
- Standard galvannealed steel with roped-in windshield
- Severe Duty galvannealed steel with roped-in or bonded windshield
- Durable, fiberglass supervisibility hood
- Detroit™ DD13®, 12.8L, 350-505 hp, 1250-1850 lb-ft.
- Cummins L9, 8.9L, 260-380 hp, 720-1250 lb-ft.
- Cummins X12, 11.9L, 350-500 hp, 1250-1700 lb-ft.
- Allison Automatic 4500 RDS
- Eaton Fuller 10-, 11-, 13-, 15- and 18-speed
- Eaton Fuller UltraShift PLUS
- Detroit 12,000-23,000 lbs
- Meritor 12,000-22,000 lbs
- AirLiner 21,000-46,000 lbs
- Hendrickson 40,000-52,000 lbs.
- Taperleaf 12,000-46,000 lbs
- WABCO 4S/4M and 6S/6M Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with and without traction enhancement
- Air Disc Brakes
- Single-channel @ 2.6-3.2 million RBM
- Dual-channel @ 3.7 million RBM
- Aluminum 25″ Cylindrical 60-100 gallon (227-379 liter)
- Aluminum 23″ cylindrical 50-150 gallon (189-567 liter)
- Steel rectangular 60 and 90 gallon (227 and 340 liter) – snow plow only
- Combination fuel/hydraulic tanks available in various sizes
- 6, 13 and 23 gallon (23, 49 and 87 liter)